Many people think they are free to act as they wish.
Unfortunately, this is not the case.
There are so many unseen and unconsidered influences impinging upon our consciousness that our choice making capacities are virtually overwhelmed, sidetracking the vast majority of any uncompelled contemplation we can muster.
This coloring of our awareness is waay deeper than the age old nature / nurture discussion implies in that even our beliefs about time itself cast a significant effect upon our decisions.
Can you feel the regulation of these non obvious yet very influential aspects of your life?
- Blood Sugar Level
- Planetary and Local Magnetic Fluctuation
- Neighbors / Neighborhood
- Air Quality
- Air Pressure
- Religious Beliefs of Your Parents
- Favorite Music / Artists
- ELF Soundwaves
- Personal and Present Height in relation to surroundings
- Boredom Level
- Light Level
- Proximity to Others
- Expectation of Others
- Recent Promises Made By You
- Past Promises Made To You
- Physical Balance
- Skin Color
- Sexual Persuasion
- Current Win / Lose Statistics of Favorite Sports Team
- Current Frustration Level & Proximity to Most Recent Disappointment
- Wind Speed
- Belief in Personal Problem Solving Skills
- Level of Societal Conformity
- Being Watched
- Owned By A Pet
- Sleep Deprivation & Circadian / Ultradian Cycles
Our concept of reality is so manipulated by obtuse aspects beyond our control and appreciation that one is almost foolhardy to suggest that we have any real ability to make truly “FREE” decisions.
So before any of us accepts too much credit for the events occurring in our lives, it behooves us to first determine exactly what or who is responsible for them.
Because when we finally get that figured out, the good parts can be replicated ad infinitum…
Thank you, friend.
Now, listen to this hymn while taking a few minutes to scratch out a Note To Self on how much you like the person called me.
(Thanks to my good friend Bill for introducing Fats to me)