Most folks know about democracy.
They understand that humans
have attempted many forms
of political mass control
and this one doesn’t work either.
Thank you, friend.
Houston, we have a problem…
Recent local election turnout results from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC).
Notice how they don’t mention the elephant in the room…
Voter turnout crawls upward in Saskatoon, Regina
Despite a noticeable increase in the voter turnout in Saskatoon and Regina, the number of people who cast ballots in the municipal election remains well below the 50 per cent mark in those cities.
Here are the numbers:
- Eligible voters (2012): 180,411.
- Votes cast (2012): 66,497.
- Turnout (2012): 36 per cent.
- Turnout (2009): 26 per cent.
- Eligible voters (2012): 160,000.
- Votes cast (2012): 51,103.
- Turnout (2012): 33 per cent.
- Turnout (2009): 21 per cent.
The continued low turnout rankles some, who wonder why so many people choose to stay home.