Lets say you go to the bathroom.
And like most other full of crap folks, you squeeze out two number twos a day.
There, you’ve already got the makings of your own poop learning center.
Garbage Out & Good Stuff In
Statistics about learning / reading for adults in North America are astounding.
Most folks never pick up another book after leaving school but with the system I’m talking about here, there is no excuse for it.
Knowledge, at one time, was scarce for the common man and although we are now surrounded by it in many forms, the “average” person still does not take advantage of this opportunity to improve their station in life.
Look at these dismal statistics for self learning in North America:
- 58% of the US adult population never reads another book after high school
- 42% of college graduates never read another book
- 80% of US families did not buy or read a book last year.
- 70% of US adults have not been in a bookstore in the last five years
- 57% of new books are not read to completion.
- Most readers do not get past page 18 in a book they have purchased.
With those stats in mind, here is my ingenious toilet training technique:
- Place a small magazine / book rack in your bathroom.
- Put six books you would like to read in the rack.
- Every time you hit the biffy, spend the time between grunts reading a good book.
- If you pinch a lot of loaves at work, take along a book to keep your mind focused on learning.
Okay, two craps per day times 30 days per month = 60 craps x 10 minutes each = 600 minutes per month spent just snapping stools.
You should be able to read the average book in 5 hours (300 mins) which would allow for two books to be read per month.
That’s twenty-four new books per year that you will have read!
Think how much smarter or aware you will be while everyone else is spending their time holding a wad of toilet paper, you are holding the future of humankind in your hands!
Sell Your Children NOT Your Books
No one will purchase books which have a bunch of pages dog eared or lines drawn on them.
And that’s exactly the way your bathroom books should wind up because the only way to get the most from reading is to dog ear every interesting page and underline each passage you find intriguing.
When it comes time to re-read the book because your mind is now changed, you can simply head to the dog eared pages and scan the underlined info.
And who knows, these bathroom brain breaks might enhance your learning process to the point where you are eliminating crap and stupidity at the same time!
Thank you, friend.